A long-time leader in the furnishing industry, we know furniture! We have been protecting and repairing furniture since 1915 and always deliver quality products and services for the protection, care and repair of wood, fabric and leather furnishings.
Fuel shortages - October 2021
Whilst we are doing all we can to avoid any disruptions, unfortunately some of our customers might experience delays in appointments with our technicians due to the fuel shortages across many parts of the UK. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will contact you directly if an appointment needs to be re-arranged.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
COVID-19 update – June 2021
The safety of our customers, staff and technicians is of great importance to us, so with this in mind we are taking additional precautions to protect the health and well-being of our customers and technicians.
Please take a moment to read the following guidance note.
How our procedures will guarantee your safety:
We will not attend customers’ homes if any member of the household has symptoms of COVID-19 or where the customer or members of the household have been advised to self-isolate until it is safe to do so. We will not attend homes until a minimum of 10 days after the first sign of COVID-19 in any home.
If you have any underlying health conditions where there is a need for increased vigilance and Personal Protective Equipment, then please discuss this with your technician.
What should you do on the day of the visit?
• Please tidy the access, entrance, passage and area where work may be carried out.
• Remove all children, pets and family from these areas.
• Please wipe down any surface’s door handles etc with disinfectant wipes.
• For both parties sake, maintain social distancing during the visit.
• Open windows and ventilate the home.
Our technicians will:
• Wash or sanitise their hands before and after every visit.
• Put on the PPE, relevant to the risk level presented.
• Will not shake hands and will maintain a two-metre social distance within the home.
• Use all appropriate protective measures and pre/post work sanitation.
• Place a completed job card with all the details for you to sign and stand back.
• Allow you to fill in the relevant sections and sign using your own pen.
• Leave the property and dispose of, or disinfect any PPE, tools or equipment as needed.
If you have any specific concerns, please do not hesitate to discuss them with either your claims handler or technician prior to the visit.
Harvey's Care and Protect Customers
2nd July 2020
With the recent sad news of Harvey's Furniture Stores going into administration, please be assured that any Harvey's Policy Holders will still have their claims serviced by Guardsman; and we are working to find solutions for anyone who already has a claim in progress at the moment. If you have an open claim, please bear with us and we will be in touch with you over the coming days.
If you need to make a new claim on your Harvey’s policy, please continue to report them to us by either downloading our claim form or by calling us on 0345 078 9601.
Any other questions that are not related to your Care and Protect plan will need to be directed back to Harvey's or to their administrators PWC as we are unable to answer them.
Whether it's care products, professional repairs or protection plans, our expertise and experience are unmatched.
With 50 years’ experience, the UK wide network of specialist furniture cleaners will provide you with the best service and results at affordable prices.